May 2nd, 2019
New software products such as Office 2019, Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite are nothing short of amazing in terms of productivity features. The mistake often made is that the new software is made available to employees, but little effort is made to show users how to take advantage of all the added features. The result is an increase in operating cost but no corresponding increase in productivity, which in turn affects your bottom line. In fact, there is often a lingering decrease in productivity and an increase in staff dissatisfaction as software changes can be difficult.
This is where software training comes into play. A small investment now will have a snowball effect and subsequently grow your business and increase your profit in the long run. Below is a list of reasons why you should invest in software training, even if you are not currently upgrading your software:
- The new features are explained and practiced in a guided environment by a knowledgeable instructor. Without training, many employees will continue using inefficient methods.
- Specific training may explain a more productive way to use “old” features as well. Employees may learn to use the tools they already have in a better way.
- The perceived downtime while a staff member is attending training is more than offset by the increase in efficiency that the new-found skills and tools will provide.
- Employees feel more valued when the employer invests in training.
- Employee turnover, a big cost to an employer, is reduced when job satisfaction increases.
Check out the numbers:
The American Society for Training and Development (http://www.astdnews.ord) collected training information from over 2500 firms and found that companies that offer comprehensive training
- Have 218% higher income per employee than those with less comprehensive training
- Enjoy a 24% higher profit margin than those who spend less on training
- Generate a 6% higher shareholder return if the training expenditure per employee increases by $680.00
Make an investment in your business productivity today. Call Shaw Computer Systems for more details or visit our training page to see what courses are available.